Pioneering the implementation of urgent Yemeni cultural heritage protection work in all fields of heritage.
Sand Organization for Relief and Development, represented by the Cultural Heritage Protection Unit, strives to achieve its goals in the fields of protecting Yemeni cultural heritage and raising awareness of the importance of this heritage, and seeking to show the cultural and historical aspect of Yemen, in partnership with the Ministry of Culture and Yemeni community organizations.
– Contributing to the protection of monuments and archaeological sites, and the preservation of cities, regions, and historical monuments.
-Providing the appropriate conditions and climates in support of the efforts of official institutions and bodies concerned with the process of preserving the fixed and transferred archaeological and architectural heritage from deterioration, looting and theft.
– Promoting the behavior of society that emphasizes respecting the tangible and intangible cultural heritage by spreading awareness of the importance of preserving cultural heritage.
– Working to take the necessary measures to face the potential effects of unauthorized activities and their effects on the cultural and natural heritage.
-Contributing to the financing of projects for the preservation, maintenance, restoration, rehabilitation and protection of movable and immovable archaeological and architectural heritage through urgent appeals to local and international organizations.
– Contributing to the protection of natural heritage and protecting areas threatened with destruction.
– Paying attention to handicrafts and traditional industries in cooperation with official bodies and local and international organizations.
– Encouraging the exchange of information and research in the field of tangible and intangible cultural heritage between the organization and the relevant local and international organizations.
– Contributing to the process of rehabilitation and promotion of cultural heritage through the organization and preparation of workshops.
-Preparing programs aimed at preserving, and restoring manuscripts projects.